Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Big Brutes to do the DM's Bidding

One of the projects at the stations is for a client having a whole bunch of RPG minis painted.
It's a lot of fun to have a wide variety of minis that I have complete reign to do whatever I feel is right.
They are quick Squad Class pieces, but I'll be enjoying the variety and individuality of the lot.

This takes me back to when I first discovered miniatures- as a young teenager, getting into D&D and seeing the miniatures collection of some friends, one who's older brother painted, quit nicely I remember thinking at the time, and how I wished I could have some minis too- I couldn't of course: I was far too poor!  A nice thing about D&D, I could play that game with just the set of hand-me-down dice one of the guys gave me, some scrap paper and a pencil,but buying any of the books let alone miniatures was not a possibility.

Maybe that's a reason I can't resist buying them now ;)

Would make RPGing very cool to have a huge variety of painted miniatures on hand, for any possibility, ready for action, so I'll be trying to make some nice additions to his collection.

Here are a couple of the big bashing baddies to start with...

A Swamp Troll from reaper if I remember correctly.  Couldn't resist going with a swampy-green.

An even bigger troll-type. Going for more of a 'rock troll' coloration for him. 


10 comments:

Paul O'G said...

I like! That Rock Troll would make a good BB figure actually!

Chris said...

These guys look good but they need names...
I vote Swampthing and Rock Hudson.

Simon Quinton said...

Nicely done mate. There just something about the classic looking trolls. I can remember the GW ones with the big round belly's quite fondly Especially trying to get them to vomit on mates Empire troops.

Clint said...

I like the purple coloured tongue on the grren swamp troll. But prefer the pose of the rock troll. Like them both, glad I don't have to pick one!

styx said...

Excellent stuff! Love the work.

Did you see the Kickstarter Reaper is doing? They just hit 1.2 million and a few days left. The $100 pledge gets you an insane amount of figures that works to less than a $1, well closer to 50 cents a figure. Plus you can buy extra lots and upgrades for bigger stuff at very cheap prices.

I figure I will be pitching in my lot by Friday.

Spacejacker said...

Lovely figures! I am strongly considering that Reaper KS myself... 50c minis? You cant beat that!

Michael Awdry said...

Lovely work, the swamp troll just looks the business.

Scottswargaming said...

Nice work, Trolls are always a favourite bad guy...in their many guises.

MrLee said...

Great work there, and was going to post what styx posted about Reapers kickstarter.. Vampire level is looking great to get in on at the moment. @1.47m at the moment too..

Love the character behind these and since I have had a few randoms to do lately, I want to do more of these in the future! Your always inspiring mate.. keep it up!

Laughing Ferret said...

Thanks all :)

Chris: I think those names are taken already.. hmmm... maybe 'Swampfing' & 'Rock Thudson'?

The Reaper kickstarter is tempting...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...