Thursday, February 24, 2011

No Time for Love Dr.Jones!



No time for this blog either, and yet here I am trying to squeeze it in anyway.


Welcome.

I've been meaning to start this for about 6 months. I'll spend the first several posts catching up on the projects of that time as well as moving forward with those and new projects. So there is plenty of content to see and talk about. The real issue is finding the time to put it all up here. Will it motivate me to find more time for the projects, or will it take time away from them?
I'll just wait and see.

Background:
I'm been a gamer for over 20 years. Longer if you count pre-miniatures and go back to D&D and Risk. I also run a miniatures painting commission studio, so a lot of interesting projects cross my desk: I'm lucky to get to do what I love and explore creativity. Beyond commissions I have many projects of my own which (to varying degrees of success) vie for my attention.

Outlook:
I love miniatures gaming. Like many I started with GW. I still enjoy the GW hobby, especially Blood Bowl, but my tastes are wide and eclectic. My attitude toward miniatures gaming is best summed up as Aesthetic Junky meets Beer & Pretzels. I like my games fun & casual but I really appreciate inspiring visuals. To be honest, for pure game-play I prefer a lot of board games over miniatures games, but the visual appeal of a well done minis game can not be outdone.

Projects to Present:
I hope to chronicle here the progress of:
* 15mm Sci-fi
* World of Twilight
* Quar
* Spaceship miniatures
* Blood Bowl
* Ancient Historical
* Fantasy Skirmish
* The Mysterious Draniki
* Perilous Planets
* My dabblings in the big games of WHFB, Warmachine & Hordes
* and likely many other random tid-bits as well.

That's all for now, but I'll leave you with this. If you haven't seen it yet, call in sick because you're going to want to replay it about 44 times. I ordered some Quar when Zombiesmith had their sale and now can not wait until the package arrives!

Enjoy!


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...