Saturday, June 4, 2011

Twilight Conversion: Derak Strider

World of Twilight announced a painting competition last month, and I haven't had any time to do anything for it until today when I squeezed in time to make a conversion I've had in my mind for a long time now.

I'm really not big on competitions actually, at least not competition for the sake of competition, but a small casual one that is friendly and an excuse to motivate people to paint more is definitely something I can appreciate and get behind. It runs to the end of June, so if it strikes your fancy head over to the World of Twilight Forum.
There is a link on the left column under 'Places to Go'.
<----

I'll be trying to find time to get this conversion painted by the deadline.
I wanted to make a Delgon Strider who's armed with a Derak weapon (think: primitive flame thrower!)


From the first I saw of the Striders I thought "Oh, that is cool!"
A steam-powered enhanced mechanical set of legs.
Wallace would be proud!

Striders come armed with a glave, but since the derak is more common in Delgon lands than the Fubarnii empire, I thought it made a lot of sense to have a powerful missle fire weapon to back up a strider scout patrol.

I began with a Delgon Strider, which I purchased from Hasslefree Miniatures, pictured from their site here:
Strider #1
I snipped his weapon & head off, added a Derak weapon and Derak user's goggled helmet head, and green stuffed a parka hood for him.
Fairly simple but I'm happy with the result.

A few other angles:







3 comments:

Lobo said...

very nice conversion!

Laughing Ferret said...

Thanks Lobo!

Dan said...

yes, love this guy, great conversion, these would be cool in 15mm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...