Friday, November 11, 2011

Apes of Wrath! Get your damn dirty paws on them!

What's better than Blood Bowl?  Not much.
What's better than Apes?  Again, not much.
Combining them is like hairy chocolate in bloody peanut butter... pure awesome.


Caesar would be proud.  Both of them, because this is from a Triumvirate of Blood Bowl heavies:
Impact! Miniatures, 3Die Block & Zlurpcast combining madness to create the Apes of Wrath fantasy football team. 

If you follow this blog, then you know I love me some apes. I made the Belgian Liberation Army as an excuse to paint our fellow primates.  I was even thinking of making a BB team from the gorillas, but now there will be actual miniatures of Apes for the pitch coming soon.  

So much potential here.  This team could be played as Orcs, Ogres, Chaos Dwarves, Human, Norse, Chaos... lots of different teams that they'd work as. 

Just sketches so far, but the sculptor is Patrick Keith, who sculpted the Band of Orcs minis, and many from Pathfinder, as well as the Andromedea from Reaper which I'm quite fond of. 
Check out his site here:  http://www.patrickkeith.com/

The kick-starter has a wide range of rewards packages- cleverly representing a variety of possible Blood Bowl & Elfball teams.  I'm still tryin to decide which I'll get. 

Check out the kickstarter page here:  Kick some Apes!

You know you want to play some games quoting planet of the apes, and change the 'Throw a Rock!' kickoff result to "Fling Some Poo!"  

Go check it out!



4 comments:

Paul O'G said...

This is soooooo kewl!

Anonymous said...

is the gorilla named floyd mayweather?

Laughing Ferret said...

Name says Floyd, but if that's a football reference it'd be lost on me: big fan of Blood Bowl, never been a sports fan... if that name is another reference it's equally lost on me I'm afraid. Maybe he's meant to be a Pink Ape? ;)

I'm with you Paul: these look to be very fun. I expect the sculpts will be good. I'm not sure the Blitzer pose would be very convertible to another pose, but this Blocker I think could have a few varieties from cutting & reposing. The chimps & orangutan are also very fun.

Chance said...

Floyd is from Pink floyd as in Dark Side of the Moon as in he blocks out the sun. I know, I could have been much mroe clear. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...