Friday, February 17, 2012

I Got Some Free Steel Streets

Thanks to Chris from Sippin' On Paint Water for sending me a cool set of resin bases.

He ran a contest recently to come up with a name for his bases, and my suggestion 'Steel Streets' won the poll.

This is his first go at resin base casting from the sound of it. and quite a good start.  It's something I've always been meaning to get around to trying- I have some ideas for bases, 15mm scenery, and 15mm sci-fi alien tanks, but so far I haven't had enough time to try any of it, so I'm quite impressed with Chris at not just finding such time but doing it.

I ran a contest awhile back, and though I left two comments with contact for emailing me with an address for the prize, I was never contacted: baffling.  But not me- I'm a happy greedy git and more than willing to collect some free stuff.  I mean, how often does it happen? And he even had the bases in a black dice bag:


If you haven't been to his blog (linked above) then go and check it out and watch for his bases and future releases.

I haven't decided what I'll use them for yet, but I'm sure I'll think of something given the variety of projects I have going on. 

6 comments:

Simon Quinton said...

Lucky boy. Off for a mooch

Unknown said...

Free? Somebody gave you something for no money? I need free paint, free figures, free everything!!

styx said...

I love free! Hated I missed the promo, I saw it and wanted to enter but got busy....damm life...

He has a great site...

Should use them as something special for the Genestealer thing...

Paul O'G said...

Good job mate - would be great for Stealer Hybrids in Space Hulk!

Chris said...

I can't to see what you do with them.

Laughing Ferret said...

Yep, can't complain about free stuff!

Well, can't use them for the Genestealer Cult army, that's a client's project and he's got his bases selected already: the infested alien bases. But I'll think of something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...