Wednesday, May 9, 2012

More Genestealer Cult: Veteran Mutants

More from the Genestealer Cult project.

This squad is a veteran infantry squad: more mutated than the basic infantry, but not so far gone as the command squad that are nearly total genestealers.  To give them more mutation, they are sporting an extra set of limbs: scythe arms from genestealer DNA.

Vets are supposed to be a bit more threatening than basic grunts of an infantry platoon, and I think if I saw these guys that yeah, I'd feel a bit more intimidated.

(click for bigger)

Sometimes these resin bases work out great, like for the guy in the front left, that slanting rock worked nicely for looking back over his shoulder, but some of these sculpted bases are so detailed and sculpted there are no flat surfaces at all and placing a model on them can be a real challenge.

Still to come soon: Vehicles! 

9 comments:

MrLee said...

Always nice to see this project evolve ;)

Good set here, and looking forward to how you set about doing the vehicles..

Chris said...

Very nice, these guys would make excellent Penal Troops except for the melta guns.

Mr Saturday said...

Excellent, the ghoul kit is just perfect for genestealer cult conversions. I love this project, if I was into 40k, this would be the one I would do. I use a lot of resin bases myself, and I find sometimes you need to raise one foot or the other off the base to give the mini balance and the greenstuff the gap.

I presume it's bases on the Imperial guard list?

Unknown said...

These guys are tripped out Ferret. And a great paint job on them as always. Have fun with them!

The Angry Lurker said...

Brilliantly painted, definite veteran feel to them.

Paul O'G said...

Wicked cool - they remind me of the Vampire Lord Marcus from the Underworld films

Michael Awdry said...

Very, very cool and wonderfully done! Great conversion and paint job and yes I would certainly cross the road to avoid them!

styx said...

looking good!

Laughing Ferret said...

Thanks all, I appreciate it :)

Mr. Saturday:yes, that's what I had to do on these for some of them to get level footing. Works out alright, viewing is from a top angle usually, and the eye tends to flatten surfaces on the base when they stand on it.

-Yes, it's using the Imperial Guard codex, the GS Cult is just for a visual difference.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...