Monday, May 14, 2012

More Stormtrooper Elves: Warmachine Retribution Force

Continuing the force of Stormtrooper Elves for the fellow who wanted the first one.
These were done at the standard Squad Class level, a notch below the first Elf, but I tried to keep them in the same vein to fit the style and budget both.

The big Battle Engine surprised me for just how big this thing is.  It was quite fun to paint, and I like the design, kind of a sci-fi giant cricket.

Here's the group, not a complete force in itself: a lot of casters and solos,but with how flexible Warmachine is, I'm sure it can function as an army in a few different builds.


Some details:
A whole mess of magnetized parts to chose from:
I like this one, kind of a Babe Ruth pose... "You! I'm going to decapitate you and send your head there."





6 comments:

The Angry Lurker said...

Great colour work Ferret, should blend in well....

MrLee said...

Dude! Such a great blending done on the armors there.. amazing! And the babe ruth guy.. brilliant! client much be quite impressed and happy with the results here!

Michael Awdry said...

My word! I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking at, but I know they are impressive! Just attempting such a light colour palette is hard enough but you have really pulled it off. Wow!

Paul O'G said...

I'm not familiar with these figures either, but that is an amazingly subtle and effective set of blended colours you'v used there - fantastic!

Fiendil said...

Ooo.

I've been a Warmachine player for about 4 years now, I've seen a fair number of Retribution models, and I've never liked the aesthetic or the paint schemes. This is the first time yet that I've actually liked the look of a Ret army.

Laughing Ferret said...

Thanks everyone :) White can be a pain, but I've been enjoying this process for it.

Fiendil: thanks! that's about as high of praise as I could imagine :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...