Friday, May 25, 2012

Space Pirate Surprise!

Yesterday I promised a surprise.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any time to work on it, but a promise is a promise, so I'll show them anyway!

At the end of January I entered a Space Pirate Class II ship, for my idea of the 'Void Hawks' for the contest from Hydra Miniatures.  It earned me 2nd place, prize being a Class III & IV when they were sculpted and cast. It arrived in the mail yesterday!

I have to say these ships were well worth the wait, they are sleek and sexy.

I have the set of 9 Class I and 3 Class II, so with these, it puts them at the same fleet size as my Imperial & Zenithian fleets that I have painted (though I did end up getting an extra Class II Imperial & Class III Z)

So eventually I will do the same type of 'build it & review' for the Pirates as I did for the Imperial and Zenithian fleets.
Though I didn't have time today to do it, with work and getting ready for the vacation weekend, I didn't want to leave you hanging without making good on my promise of a surprise, so here are the pictures of the ships before assembly:

The Class III :

The Class IV:
Like a lot of the fleets, the number of wings is equal to it's class. this one has a dorsal & ventral tail fin. Cool.

Not sure when they'll be released, but hopefully you won't have to wait long!

I also got something else, completely unexpected and very fun, but I want to ask them if they mind it being shown yet.  If he says it is ok, I'll post it up soon, if not, well I'll keep his secret,but I will say it is quite cool!

The pirates always make me think of Gary Numan, as I've mentioned, and I wanted to find the piano version  (for something different) of I nearly married a human (it's a great piece) but seems there is no youtube video of it, I have it on CD but that won't help much, but this is a nice piano version of Down in the Park,

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looking forward to your build and review on these. I looked at your other fleets and the black looks lethal. The gold fleet is sexier though!

You've got a holiday weekend so spend it with your girlfriend and paint later!

Paul O'G said...

Wonderful! I'll look forward to seeing her finished.

I helped playtest the rules but somehow never got my ship package in recognition.

Michael Awdry said...

Very cool! Looking forward to the report on the build. Have a great weekend.

MrLee said...

Also looking forward to the review, and how you paint up the model. Looks nice in pieces, will be in better once put back together!

Laughing Ferret said...

Anne: wish that was possible, but we're still in immigration limbo.
re: the ships, thanks! The Imperial ships -gold ones- are my favorite. Unfortunately takes 3 times as long to paint as the zenithian saucers ;)

Paul: maybe send him a reminder?

Michael & Mr.Lee: Don't know when I'll squeeze in the time, hopefully not too long.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...