Monday, October 1, 2012

Prehistoric Terrain!

On thinking of the Prehistoric Pulp project I knew I'd want to expand my terrain.  I do have the 'Mordor Crags' which I used in the Dinosaur Safari game and the Pirate Teddy Bear pictures -very useful terrain. and some big primitive artichoke palms, but the weekend before last was a holiday, and that means sales.

I had a coupon for one of the pet stores, so I went in for cat food and liter, and like every time, my first stop is the aquarium isle.  I don't have an aquarium, but I am a wargamer, so this isle is my isle. It is a treasure trove for terrain! And this time it did not disappoint!

It isn't the cheapest, but on sale, with a coupon, for trouble-free nice looking terrain, it's a bargain.

Here's the haul:

Added to what I already had, and I may pick up some of the nice huts from Gale Force 9, and should be a very fun terrain board to play on! 

10 comments:

Brummie said...

I never find cool looking stuff like this always fluorescent mermaids and sharks lol. Look forward to seeing these in a game soon

Tristan M said...

Some great pieces there. I have tried several times to hit pet stores with going out of business sales but am often mystified at how small the discount is. I like seeing posts like this though because it convinces me to keep trying!

Scotty Kahn said...

Awesome finds! The raised pagoda is really a great piece. Should make a nice board indeed.

styx said...

Yea, some really nice finds there!

Andrew J. McCory said...

Neat stuff, I've just been to a pet shop (with no particular intention to buy anything) and I found some great pieces I may go back for.

Michael Awdry said...

Just like you, I gravitate to the aquarium section, but they are so expensive here in the UK. I did manage to pick up a small Buddha though. ;)

Scott said...

Very cool haul, the aquarium stores fascinate me too!

Bill said...

Very nice. With the bonsai and shrines it resembles a garden of tranquility and sudden death. Bwaa

Paul of the Man Cave said...

Great haul! I love the big tree in particular...

...in fact, I juts had one of those rare flashes of inspiration to use one of those as a dugout for a BB Wood Elf team. Imagine, if you will, a scoreboard handing from a lower branch, and two platforms in the upper branches for Reserves and KO, and a Dead&Injured section at the base of the tree. Perhaps some spectators randomly everywhere else. That would make a unique bit of sideline terrain!

M R Lee said...

Great finds, and lookig forward to seeing how this turns out. If it goes along the route of the teddy bears.. well.. we are all in for a good surprise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...