Saturday, November 23, 2013

Denethor's Despair : Mithril Miniatures Lord of the Rings

I had the pleasure recently of painting some large & some limited Mithril Miniatures, some individuals, some scenes.  I do love the atmosphere that Mithril captures for Lord of the Rings.

These two seem related, so I'll post both in this update:

First: Denethor in the throne room of Gondor.
The grey marble throne he would never sit in... which I think he was fine with until he found out someone else was intending to sit in it soon!


Second: His greatest point of despair, the death of Boromir, his eldest son: 






12 comments:

Dan Vincent said...

Fantastic work as usual. I haven't painted Mithril before but have a large GW lord of the rings collection. There is something much more classic about these models, old school LOTR. Sam at Sam's Miniature World would be impressed.

Sam Wise said...

I'm a fan and collector of MITHRIL figures and , I think that I will stop to paint them since I've seen yours ...
a Great, Great job !!
the Throne is absolutely wonderful and unbelievable ! The marble effect is perfect: never see such a work.

And the funeral boat of Boromir is a pure marvel.
"Chapeau Bas, Maître!" as we say in France...

Simon Quinton said...

Very nice job on the marble throne it looks amazing. Nice characterful sets.

Ian said...

These look great but the marble work is second to done, some excellent work in this

Ian

Anonymous said...

Nice work LF, especially like the marble throne.

Sean said...

Beautiful figures. Very evocative.

Finch said...

The marble effect on the throne is perfect.

Phil said...

Original and wonderful work!

Michael Awdry said...

Gosh, these are a bit special, especially that marbling effect!

Lonewolf said...

Great work and the marble effect is fantastic! Really impressive!

Laughing Ferret said...

Thanks all, much appreciated.

I do love to paint marble. This was faster marble work than what I'd do for character class, but I like the effect even still.

Lobo said...

Wow, you are a one of the best painters out there!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...