Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A to Z: Jabberwocky

I've loved this monster since I was a kid.
Just listen to the sound of it: Jabberwocky. Yeah, who couldn't like that?

Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!


First miniature I saw of it was the one from Ral Partha, which is still sold by Iron Wind Metals, and is still a nice miniature. Ral Partha often stands up well to the test of time.

It is hard to find a decent unpainted picture of it online: the one on Iron Wind Metal's site is quite small, but here is a painted picture by Funnymouth on the Wamp forum- I have to get over there someday, post & share: always so many things to do though.

Anyway, it's a gorgeous piece of work by Funnymouth, top-notch!

Really is a brilliant miniature.

From early days as well, 1985, here is the Citadel Jabberwock:

He looks a bit sad. Something compelling about him. C-29 for any minis hunters out there.

Then there is this one from Blood Moon Miniatures:

Very nicely done miniature.  Looks like he's just taking flight, having spotted his next meal.

And the latest (that I know of) is from Reaper, for their Pathfinder line:

This is a true beast.  A very large miniature and very dynamic.

And this one was from 'The Black Gobbo' -too bad GW abandoned the Black Gobbo-
This is a conversion and is just incredible. Very fun!


I'm a minis-junky obviously, but that doesn't mean I want every miniature.  There are many I don't feel compelled to own, but I have to say I'd like to own any of these... o.k... I'd like to own all of these.

I have a 15mm fantasy army I'm considering making, and I might use one of these in it... I'm sure it will show up here eventually.

I'll leave you with a couple more bits of fun:

Stunning art from Michael Kutsche.  Go get lost in his work on DeviantArt ! Amazing Talent.


And of course, enjoy the movie:




2 comments:

Body1 said...

Very nice post BRO!!

Porky said...

Thanks for taking the time to find so many. And they are many! And all good too, but maybe the Ral Partha has more of that fairy tale feel.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...