Friday, October 21, 2011

Stalking Tiger: Totenkinder's WWWII Walker

This model is probably half or more of what motivated me to start the Frau Tottenkinder project.
Dust Tactics really hit it out of the park with this one in my opinion.  Has to be my favorite walker I've seen.
So of course I had to have one in this army.

The Stalking Tiger:

I went for subtle highlights for this one. After the dirt & grease the highlights get a bit lost, but they're there.
I suspect it'd look a lot different if they weren't there, despite I'm not really seeing them as much now.



It comes with alternate weapons.  Actually, I plan to run it as above, with a heavy machine guns and a cannon, to mimic what a tank would be equipped with, though it is intended to be used with either a cannon & energy supply or 2 AA machine guns as below.  But I like the look of mixing the two weapons. 



Still more to come. 



I don't want to bury the contest...
And the contest has started!  Ends Oct 27th.  Go  HERE  for the announcement and the link to enter.

I'll just be waiting till it's time to pick the winner. 


7 comments:

Dan said...

Man thats a nice walker, would look great with Eureka's 15mm Scifi Germans.

Spacejacker said...

I'm not keen on the ones with the big turrets on top, but this one looks really cool. Great paint job too!

Tony said...

I agree with you - one of the nicest walkers I have seen.

Tony
http://dampfpanzerwagon.blogspot.com/

Michael Awdry said...

Superb! This thread just gets better and better.

Laughing Ferret said...

Dan: It would be a massive beast in 15mm, but yes I think it'd work nicely if going up to such power scales. I have some of those 15mm eureka germans.. I'll have to keep that in mind :)

Spacejacker: I actually really like the sherman turret walker: odd & clumsy.. probably why I put one in my Quar army. I don't care for the Axis walker of the same rating.. I find it too flat & boxy, but this one is my clear favorite.

Thanks guys, glad you're enjoying the project

Alfrik said...

And just where is the Beer Dispenser???

Laughing Ferret said...

A Bear dispenser? Hmm.. good point.. might make a nice APC for Baby Bear... I assume 'beer' was a typo of course ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...